Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you use GUIDS? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattholomew

Programmer
Oct 10, 2000
US
Hi. I'm reading the game programming for dummies book. There's a program I'm on that's giving me trouble. A certain include file, ddraw.h, uses GUIDS. However, my program is giving me errors like 'type name expected' and pointing to the lines in the include file where they define the GUIDS. I have tried to link in the dxguid.lib and either I am doing it wrong, or it isn't helping. Anything you could suggest would be appreciated-I need this for a senior highschool project. Thanks a lot,
Mattholomew [sig][/sig]

HI Matt,

I haven't got to this yet but this is the same as UUID, GUID is a MS thing (i think!) you apparently need to generate a unique ID and there are a few types that can be used. you should have some documention with borland that will get you into this but will be UUID (same thing)

Vcc+ allows you to add this to the project

HTH [sig]<p>Robert Dwyer<br><a href=mailto:rdwyer@orion-online.com.au>rdwyer@orion-online.com.au</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back