Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you use a RAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisdero

MIS
Dec 14, 2002
US
A Telco installed a RAD a few years ago to maintain the system and back it up. The telco is gone now and I would like to use the RAD. Does anyone have manuals and how does it work? Can I connect through my pc?
Thanks

Yes you can connect to the phone system thru your PC but you will need a few things first.
1. Norstar Remote Utilities: the software package that you load on your PC that uses your modem to connect to the RAD at the phone switch.
2. the Password of the RAD, the customer may have this or it may be written on the RAD itself; or you will have to reset the password on the rad back to default check out these two FAQ's for how to do that.
faq799-1997
faq799-3013

After you get both the software and the password you will be able to make the connection and program from your comuter. As for detail instructions about how that programming goes you should at least read the NRU manual and have a basic start on knowing what is happening then this forum will be able to more easily answer specific questions as you go. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back