Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you use a cdrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmptrnerd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2001
US
on a Netware 6 server.

On Netware 5.1 I would use nss allLSS but on my netware 6 server, I only get other modules not loaded??? Mark
mark@acsconsult.com

How about "load cdrom.nlm" then "cd device list" to make sure Netware sees the CD and will then see the CD's label. Then "cd mount". This is assuming the proper SCSI or IDE storage drivers have been loaded previously.

I haven't actually done this in NW6 but don't see why it would be much different from 5.1.

This does not work, Since Netware 5 CdRom is doen from NSS cd device list and cd mount do not work.

CDROM was loaded, but when I type NSS allLSS, which would work in netware 5, I get the other modules not loaded error Mark
mark@acsconsult.com

In NetWare 6 the cdrom drive has to meet the El Torito standard (bootable) and then you just type cdrom at the console prompt. Type Volumes to check for the mounted CD volume. Tim Benton
CNE(4&5),MCP
Studying for CNE6 and MCSA

if the cd does not mount when you put in the drive, type "cdrom" at the console. I then eject and reload the cd. You should see a message on screen about device has deteced change of media then the cd should mount as a volume. If the cd does not mount check by putting in the netware 6 install cd.

Some cd's (especially copies) have a problem being mounted because of the cd/volume name. I have had this a number of times when using backup cd's of service packs etc. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back