Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you turn off relaying in Exchange 5.5? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruby

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2003
US
How do you turn off relaying in Exchange 5.5?

Its very simple, but everyone makes it difficult. If you are using the internet mail service at the desktop for your clients, then this will cause you problems, but nobody tells you this. I had to learn the hard way. I changed over all our clients to ms exchange clients..............
Step (1) open Exchange Administrator.
Step (2) open Connections.
Step (3) open the appropriate Connector (i.e., Internet Mail Connector)
Step (4) open Routing Tab (you should see your domain listed as INBOUND, if not add it.)
Step (5) select Routing Restrictions button.
Step (6) check mark Hosts and Clients with these IP addresses, but DO NOT add any IP addresses.
Close all the windows and restart your internet mail service and that's it.... Your done........
-Ts

Also check out faq10-1779. Very interesting discussion about open mail relay.

Thank you Jackofalltrades99 for your help. The poster before you pointed me to a website that has the exact steps that you pointed out. I have used it with great success.

Thanks again, Scruby

How do you set up your domain name as a postmaster to be removed from a blacklist. It keeps requesting postmater@[IP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back