Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you transfer files from fireworks into dreamweaver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubstar

Technical User
Apr 20, 2008
Hello, im new to this forum. i decided to have a go at building a website for my friends band.
I was advised to build the pages first in fireworks mx then transfer them into dreamweaver.
Im having problems loading them into dreamweaver, as it says it cannot find the folder i have selected that is on my desk top with all my images etc in.
Also i have got a hosting site, but when i upload my images into it, and click on them it comes up with a forbidden message.
If anyone could give me some advice i would very much appreciate it, i know its probably one of those things that once you get your head around it, its v.simple, but for beginners its not the easiest!
thankyou

I would not "build pages" in FW but rather create your images then slice them up.Then use dreamweaver to inset those images and use clean HTML objects to desing your page.
As far as your forbiden access it sounds like you need to talk to your host about it or change the subfolder rights.

To change folder rights you can use any ftp such as filezilla.look at CHMOD seciton in mid of page.

Before anything desing I would look for two topics:
1. how to define a site
2. setting up page properties

You will save time down the line and eliminate having to troubleshoot these quick page/code grinders by FireWorks or Photosshop.
All the best!

:-------------------------------------:
Do the DW »|MostarNetworks|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back