Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you stop the isp from dialling up when using pcanywhere v10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klobba

Technical User
Aug 11, 2001
AU
heya everyone,
Now I reckon I've finally worked the problem out. I'm using pcanywhere v10. Both the remote and host computers are running off windows 98.
What I discovered was that when the remote was attempting to connect to the host there was a phone number before the number I was trying to dial to. That number that was ahead was for the isp. How do I stop it from trying to connect to the net when I'm trying to call the host? I read somewhere that you can uncheck one of the options in the dial up connection settings, does anyone know which one it is?
I'll be forever greatful
sylv

Sylv,

Open up pcAnywhere and select "Remote Control" then select the connection you want and right click on it. Select "Properties" then in the connection info screen select "Details". I'm thinking you should have TCP/IP checked, if that is the case you will see the "Dial up Networking screen when you select "Details". Just look at the properties of the cial up connection you have listed there. I'm thinking that it may have both numbers listed under the current dial up connection. If that is the case just edit the first number out.

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

If you feel a post has been helpful to you, click on the link at the bottom of their post to let them and others know the information was of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back