Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you setup Music on Hold???

Status
Not open for further replies.

100mbs

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
I have a Definity G3 V9 with a Music board installed and a port assigned to it. I have a radio and CD player that I want to connect to the switch.

What do I do now????

Thanks,

Chuck..

We have a cd player hooked up to G3 by way of running two leads from the port to the speaker/head set plug. Watch out for that copy write issue. So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

You can use the Universal Coupler to connect your music source to the Definity.
What you nees is an Auxillary Trunk Board the Universal Coupler and a Telco to connect these together. You also need to apply -48 Volts, from the AUX or a separate power supply.
Your music source is attached to the Universal Coupler.
All you need to do is to set some jumpers, connect the three supplied cables and fill in on the System-parameter features screen you music port.
Be aware that you have to use a music source with an adjustable headset output, most of the times the line output is too loud.

Hope this helps...

John

You can avoid the obsolete aux trunk pack and the coupler by just plugging the +/- headset/line-out lead into an analog port. Go into "change system features" and assign the analog port to the music-on-hold port field. -CL

Dont forget the 600ohm resistor ... you could damage your equipment.

-Bill

Hi Bill,

Why need resistor and how to connect it, just put on + & - ?

Rgrds
Jagoan
Jakarta
Indonesia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back