Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you set the schedule for Autoupdate in EPO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfangel

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
GB
I have been looking for hours and can not for the life of me find it.

I need to set and autoupdate daily task to run at 8:30am every morning. At the moment it is set to 1700 for all clients. Anybody know where this is?

Regards,

Does nobody set this? Or have you all got this default set to 1700hr?

Are you talking about a repository update, client update or something else? Repository update you can't really miss when creating the job. Client DAT update there's a schedule tab when you go into properties (it defaults to the Task tab).

Our setting vary per domain but it generally starts around 6am and repeats hourly, we do a DAT pull task every 25 minutes.

No sorry mate, how the client side is locked down to the users. You should be able to set a date and time when the Clent rolls out the latest DATS to users?

Any idea where this is set?

Regards

Are you referring to the AutoUpdate task that appears in the VirusScan Console at the PC itself? If that is correct, then the only way I changed that date/time was to set my local VirusScan config the way I wanted it set, then installed Installation Designer to capture my settings and make a custom installation.

I then checked in the custom package into ePO and deployed it to the client PCs. I don't know if there is a way to configure the settings to existing clients other than doing each one manually. You could always create the tasks within ePO and set it to take precedence over local tasks.

On the Tasks tab right click and select "schedule task", give your new task aname then select "ePolicy Orhcestrator Agent Update" Click Ok.
Next, edit the task and click settings, uncheck the Inherit box and select the updates you want ePolicy to update, as you can see you can have it just do the DAT or both the DAT and the engine and the ePolicy agent as well to name just a few.

You might also want to modify the Virus Scan User Interface properties on the policies tab for your site to disable the default autoupdate task schedule so that only the ePolicy schedule applies.

I use the "enable global updating" option in ePolicy. With this enabled, the entire process is automatic. Once the ePolicy server is updated, the distributed repositories get their updates. Once the distributed repositories are updated, the clients begin their updating process.

Thank you very much Drew that has answered my questions perfectly.

I am sorry but I am not very good at explaining myself.

Hi Vic2001,

where i can find the enable global updating" in epo3.5 ?

thanks
Fabio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back