Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you send an email from a cli

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllCaz

Programmer
Dec 5, 2000
US
How do you send an email from a client's machine if you don't know what kind of mail server or email client they have installed? I also need to attach a file to the message.

ShellExecute works great with Outlook, but doesn't attach the file with Outlook Express. I get a return code of 42 whether or not the file got attached.

Is there one magic command that works with all, or most email clients - kind of like a mailto: link on a web page seems to work across platforms?

If you've installed the sample code from the MSDN CD, open the SendMail.scx form in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MSDN\2001JAN\1033\Samples\VFP98\Solution\Ole\ directory. (Note: the "2001JAN" level maybe different depending on the version of the CD you've used.)

More generally, you might want to fire up the Solutions sample code .APP with:
DO (_samples+"\solution\solution.app")

The MAPI example is under ActiveX / ActiveX controls / Send Mail

You may also want to try
- HOWTO: Use OLE Messaging to Send Mail in Visual FoxPro App and - HOWTO: Send a Message in Visual FoxPro Using Active Messaging and - Mapiform.exe How to Send Mail Messages with MAPI.

Rick

Hello.

Maybe you'll want to try the mail class belonging to Rick Borup (I believe he is the author - I'm not sure right now).

Get an account at then search the files section. There are so much utils written there...

Hope this helps
Grigore Dolghin
Class Software
Bucharest, Romania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back