Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you Schedule a Daily Backup for Windows NT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am having trouble with Windows NT 4.0 Backup software and Cheyenne's Arcserve 6.5 which are conflicting. Arcserve cannot write to media so I have uninstalled Arcserve and wish to use the Backup software loaded with the Administrative tools in Windows NT. But you cannot schedule the backup to run daily at a certain time? Anyone know how or can someone help me with the Arcserve problem?

Use Winat which comes with NT Resource Kit for scheduling backup in NT4.0

Check out the AT command if you don't have the res kit. It is used to schedule backup jobs.

If Arcserve is seeing the device then you should should be ok. Try using a new, blank, formatted tape. Once it's loaded check the device manager to see if the tape drive sees it as blank then proceed to run custom backup job. Let me know what happens. Pleae also make sure that that the tape head on the tape drive is cleaned properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back