Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you retain print formatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRBS

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2004
GB
In Access 2000, whenever I try to print a query it returns to page layout default which means that most queries stretch across many pages with masses of wasted space. Reformatting the borders and using landscape helps but these settings are never retained. Any suggestions?

This was a bug in the initial release of A2000, and your problem suggests you have not updated with any of the service releases.
In the short term make sure that the Name Autocorrect options in Tools>Options>General are deselected.

I'm at the mercy of the Helpdesk. I'll see if I can get an upgrade.

Cheers

I'm up to Access 2002. And I still can't see how to preserve print formatting for queries.

Sorry, but I misinterpreted your original question. I assumed you were using a report to print query results.
If you are printing the results directly, then I don't know of anything you can do for a specific query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back