Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you resize multiple images at the same with PS 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyde

Technical User
Apr 12, 2000
US
Hi,
I really got back from vacation and put my new digital camera through a work out. I have over 950 pictures I want to resize to 640x480 and I would love to avoid having to do it one at a time. I've heard there's a way to do this with Photoshop 7, but I have yet to find it. Can anyone help me?

Read the manual about 'Actions' and 'batch processing' - - It's easy.

I like to point folks to certain sections of manuals for two reasons...

Although I'm not sure how they obtained the statistic, 2/3 of Photoshop users are software pirates. Why should folks that have no respect for software developers get free lessons on how to use it as well?

But without any disrespect or assumptions about 'cyde', I realize that software manuals are loaded with too much info. It often takes a pointer in the right direction to find an answer. Understanding someone's intent and offering them a specific keyword to look up in a manual's index can be helpful.

The way I would normally use actions and batch processing would be something like the following:

1: Open one of your images.
2: Open the Actions palette.
3: Create a new action (you'll see a 'record' button activate on the actions palette)
4: Go to Image > Image Size... and fill in the details accordingly.
5: Stop the action using the 'stop' button on the actions palette. Close the image (there's no need to save it).

At this stage, you now have an action that can be applied to many images automatically. To use it, go to File > Automate > Batch..., choose your action and a folder containing the images you want to process. Now you can relax and let your computer do all the work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back