Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you reset installer password on 0x32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
How do you reset the installer password back to 266344. I cannot restart the system using startup and 266344 or log in the system 266344 and 266344?

Any help would be great!

You might try login as 23646 (admin), but if you restart system all programing may be set to defaulf. Check your manual

Correction: I should have said if you go into startup you might be set back to default.

You can install a FastRad and call into the switch using NRU/ browser tool. Go under passwords and it will show you what it is now and allow you to change it.

MRoberts

You were half way to resetting all of your system programming ( and password ) in your other post where you had removed the 6 port fibre card. you need to find the maintaince set usually on port 101 . it will tell you that a configuration change has happened and it will ask you if you want to proceed with cold start (loss of programming) say yes. I don't have the exact steps but it is a hint....

There are three ways to default unknown passwords for an MICS.

1. Short out the capacitor on the NVRAM cartridge or on s/w lower than 4.0 short out the low profile "quarter sized" capacitor near the RAM on the mother board. The down side is that you loose all programming and may violate a warranty.

2. In NRU, using the Browser tool as Mroberts said.

3. In NRU use the pertinent Excel file for your software located in the workbook sub directory to obtain the password. With this file you can aquire or program through the RAD, one of the items is passwords. This file is in the C:\ICSRT\WORKBOOK directory. These Excel files off other abilities you may wish to look into. One cool one is that you can print out your programming.

Good luck and this is a great group!

hmmm... Well then there are two ways to reset your password and maintain programming. 1. Call ITAS and provide letter on company letter head and have ITAS step you through debug.( painful way ) 2. connect with a rad and a laptop to change programming.( with two ways of doing this.) There are two ways to wipe out system programming. 1. short the capacitor on the main board inside the 0x32. 2. IF your system has an expansion card and if you know where your maintaince port is ( usually ext 221 on port 101 ) remove the expansion card and power up the system. This will then cause a config failure prompt to be sent to the maintaince phone you then have two choices 1. press cold to perform a cold start that will wipe out programming. 2. reset to maintain programming ( the system will not work as long as the expansion card is out.) redhawkfla it sounds like you are unaware of the downgrade method.......[peace]

Okay, explain the downgrade option again. I power down my 0X32. I take my 6 port expansion card out of slot 2. Then power up with it out. This will throw the system into maintenence. I go to ext221 and DO NOT press Cold. Now what??? Reset what?

[blush] I never could explain things well....
power down 0x32
take 6 port card out of slot 2
power up without it.....this causes a config failure(downgrade of system)
at the maintaince set (reception set, phone plugged into port 101,)screen will read
configuration failure
cold reset
=== === ===
press the cold button
screen will then ask cold restart y/n
select yes
your system will then have performed a startup and have wiped out ALL programming including the config password. The only loophole in the plan would be if someone had changed the maintaince set from port 101( set relocation of the reception set to port 312? )
I SUSPECT in maintaince shows on the screen of the other telephones
I tested on 1.1 software ( I doubt it will have changed to 5.0 ....but you know what they say about assume.)
I did not press the reset button to find out exactly what it does in the downgraded mode.

Ah, I see! So it's a much easier way to short the system if it is expanded. Cool.

Thanks
MRoberts

If you don't have anything to downgrade that wouldn't be possible. But you are correct. Thanks West Coaster [thumbsup2] for making password defaulting with loosing your programming clear.

I really don't like doing any defaulting of programming since it is totally un-necessary. All you need is NRU and a RAD and you are in. To be thourough you are right! I was trying to put a bad light on doing any defaulting. It's so easy to obtain your passwords by NRU's method without loosing your programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back