Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do you remove all toolbars onLoad ? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshmenProgrammer

Programmer
Jan 16, 2006
CA
Thank you for helping out! I am having troubles with removing all my toolbars onLoad using a resizable=off. Is it possible to do that if you open the window with href without using javascript to open the window. This is how I am opening the window and thats my javascript in the page it's opening.

Code:
<a href="[URL unfurl="true"]http://aaa.jsp"[/URL] target="_blank" resizable="off">aaa</a>

function setResize() {
<!--
   	document.myForm.a.focus();
   	window.resizeTo(310, 170);
   	window.moveTo((screen.width-310)/2,(screen.height-170)/2);
 	window.resizable(0);

//-->
}

Like if you open a window like this
Code:
<a href="#" onClick="javascript:window.open('[URL unfurl="true"]https://aaa.com',[/URL]
'Login','height=170,width=310,resizable=off');">aaa</a><br/>

How can I do a resizable=off in an onLoad

Where are you a "Freshmen"?

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce
they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does
[infinity]

Those window properties are pretty fixed, but, if you REALLY want to, you can use the BODY tag's ONLOAD event to open a new window and close itself. You would open the new window with the properties you want.

Also, I don't know if all the browsers support this, but in the BODY tag, you can include an onresize event: onresize='setResize();' Not perfect, perhaps, but users will get the idea if they try to resize the window!

Dave

...east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce
[infinity]

Thank you for responding. I need to take all the toolbar and everything off the top of the window I know when you put resizable=off it will take it off. Is there a way to get rid of all the toolbars on the onLoad.

Thank you! I was trying to get around it because when I use javascript to open a window in IE i get null for the referer.

Dan said it better than me, I guess.

[lightsaber]

Dave

[infinity]

It's alright dave, have some hot purple love from me!

-kaht

[small] <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <.</B>[/small]
[banghead] [small](He's back)[/small]

Thanks, kaht. You're my hero!

[superman]

Hey, how come we don't have a Superman smiley?

Dave

[infinity]

Dave,

Sorry man I gave you a star now. I just forgot about it. Sorry about that. Thanks alot everyone for the help though. I really appreciate it. I'm knew to web programming soon I hope to help ppl myself. Thanks all.

S.

It's all good! Now I have TWO!

[cheers]

Dave

[infinity]

Can I take mine back? [lol]

Just kidding [wink]

-kaht

[small] <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <.</B>[/small]
[banghead] [small](He's back)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back