Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you remove a program from being resident? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKELEIBO

MIS
Nov 5, 2002
US
I am trying to new copy a program, one of a series, using cemt do to a commarea change. All of the programs new copy except for one, which shows a resident count of one.

How do I remove it from residency?

cemt s prog(x) ne

Prog(x) Len(0000018424) Cob Pro Ena Pri Ced
CANNOT NEWCOPY
Res(001) Use(0000000073) Bel Uex Ful Qua Le3

The redident count of 1 usually means one of:

[ul][li]It is still in use by a running transaction[/li][li]Some joker has done an EXEC CICS LOAD for it with the HOLD option. I you are sure that this is the case, and that no-one is using it, you can free it with CECI RELEASE PROGRAM(pgmname)[/li][li]You have been stepping through it with a debugger like Xpediter. These normally load and lock the program to allow the debugger to hook in. Do an XPND (for Xpediter) or terminate your debugger properly.[/li][/ul]

Hope this helps

Steve

For 'redident' please read 'resident'[blush]

Of course, if it is in use by a long-running transaction you can always use the PHASEIN option, which NEWCOPYs the program but allows the existing running transaction(s) to complete using the old version.

Any new transactions will pick up the new version of your program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back