Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you place text over text

Status
Not open for further replies.

annew

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
Hi,

What I am trying to do is make the first letter of a paragraph large and red. I want to place this red letter behind the rest of the paragraph, and kind of off set the letter so some is covered with text and some is outside the paragraph. When I drag the paragraph over the colored letter, it just covers the letter. Both text boxes have no background. Hope this makes sense.

Anne

Select the top layer of text and go to "Item>Modify>Runaround> then select NONE as the runaround type. With your box set to no color background you should see the single letter you have set behind it.

You should try doing "BASELINE SHIFT" under the "STYLE" menu. It would give the functionality you need.

There is no need to test RUNAROUND.

Thanks to you both for your responses. They both do the trick. I knew it would be something simple that was giving me such a headache.

Have a great holiday!

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back