Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you know your Avaya is being remotely monitored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juice1zm3

Technical User
Aug 24, 2008
US
I very much need to know how my Avaya is being remotely monitored and used. Also if the person who was using remote on my Avaya did not stop the remote session would this impede me from loggiing in the next day?

Your help is greatly appreciated and if you have a manual paragraph which explains exactly what happens I would really lke to have it. Here is the error message:

"Avaya IP Agent cannot initialize the phone device. Please contact your technical support team line open() The phone driver could not be found" It popped up in a blue box outlined in gray with an ICON in the upper left corner that sort of looked like a butterly? Then when I requested IT assistance the person I thought was monitoring my PC came and asked if I was having problems with Avaya. I said "why yes I am how did you know?" He said "I'll be right back" and said "try to log in now". I just smiled because I knew it was him. I tried to print a copy of my Avaya report for that evening and it was gone? I've used so many monitoring programs through the years but they have never been used ON ME!!!

v/r
Juice

Place a tinfoil hat securely on your head and you'll be fine :)

Seriously...it sounds like your an agent. My guess is the Avaya PBX you were trying to log into more than likely was experincing issues (thus the tech knowing why you were calling). His "monitoring" was probably more directed at the PBX and not your individual workstation. If he did log into your PC and made changes, you would have seen your cursor moving around on the screen (at a minimum).

SJF

I have heard that an old aluminium collander works well. Think Ralph Cramden in the HoneyMooners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back