Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you hide a scrollbar in Netscape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vellad

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
AU
Recently I was trying to hide a scrollbar for a page. I did this by inserting &quot;scroll=no&quot; into the body tag. It looks like this:<br><br>&lt;body scroll=no bgcolor=&quot;#000000&quot;&gt;<br><br>Microsoft Internet Explorer read it perfectly, hid the bar, but Netscape refused to do hide the scrollbar. I've tried every possible thing I could think of including numerous javascripts.<br>Is there any other way to hide the scrollbar for Netscape?

Well, if you put everything in a frame, you can turn off the scrolling for that frame using <FONT FACE=monospace>&lt;FRAME NAME=&quot;frame_name&quot; SRC=&quot;your_page.html&quot; SCROLLING=&quot;NO&quot;&gt;</font>... <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back