Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you handle fold marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohjekim

Technical User
Apr 8, 2001
US
That's the question I have been using PageMaker for Many years and don't know of an easy way to do this. I usually just tell the printer where it folds, but some times it would be really helpful to have them show. Almost all I do any more are menus which fold in various short and longer page layouts. I always put fold marks on art back in the pre computer days.

When I want fold marks to show on my PDF or regular PageMaker files I have to draw them on the art so that they extend beyond the edge of the page and then draw a paper colored box to block the part of the line that extends into the art. If they don’t extend into the art they don’t reproduce when printed.

This works but it seems that there should be a way to have PageMaker draw the fold marks at the desired location as it does crop and bleed marks. I have looked at the help info but can't find anything about this. This seems like such a basic thing that I can’t believe that I can’t find a easy way to do it.

Mike

As far as I know there is nothing in Pagemaker that will do this for you, I always manually place my fold marks in.

info@prepress-online.com

"Tell'em we're comin', and hell's comin' with us.

If you create tri-folds frequently, I can only suggest you use a template (either create it yourself or use someone else's, e.g. 1000328.PMT supplied with PM).

LIVERPOOL FC - 5 times Champions of Europe. 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back