Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you get Name Display on inbound and outbound caller ID??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenificent1

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
Hi.

How do you get the 2 line caller ID on incoming calls so that in addition to the number you see the name as well like you see on an analog phone you would use it at home? Not many PBX's use it but I have seen in use a couple of times on Option 81's.

Secondly how do you configure the PBX to display the CPND of the set so that on outbound calls when someone on the PBX calls for example a residential user with caller ID the name AND number come up?

Thanks
Mike

you'll need to have the provider send that name on your d channel.. you can see incoming msg in load 96 enl msgi x, use this command on low traffic.. if you've got nd3 inthe rcap of your d, you should be sending, the provider can set the correct pointer to send and rec names

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I want our company name + the NPA-NXX-UserExt to show on outgoing calls. aside from contacting my provider is this something anyone can do or do I need to call in someone who has a clue?

Kim

To provide name and number into the Nortel you need to be running at least 25.40. Then you need to set the RCAP on the DCH to NDS. As far as your name going out, this will only be sent to the carrier. Once at the carrier, they will drop the name out-put by the PBX and attach the name in the database for that number or DID range. If your carrier is not set to handle the caller name, you will not be able to dial out. You will get reject messages on your DCH messages.

TWM

some carriers are programed for name display, the name i enter in 95 does travel to the called party local, my ld route shows the name we had the ld carrier enter.. that goes back to rls 21 or so

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks guys, I was able to build the CLID table in ld 21 and each users extension is going out, but the secondary line (not a DID) is also going out. When I print out my phone, line 2 looks like:

01 SCR 2244 0 MARP
CPND
NAME KIM JOSEPH
XPLN 10
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

I see that line two also refers to table 0, but I don't want it to. In the case of calls going out on line two I would just like to show the main number. Do I need to build another table and if so how do I direct all secondary extensions to refer to the new table?

Kim Joseph
Franklinton, NC

build a clid table 1, with your main number, then change line 2 to read scr xxxx 1..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

got it!

John Poole, I may have to bug you for a script to change all my existing sets if you have one.

:)
Thanks

Kim Joseph
Franklinton, NC

As far as the name you display to the world, that is controlled by the carrier that gives you your DID's. In the US, Calling Party Number is sent forward with the call setup (as you've discovered), but Calling Party Name is retrieved by the RECEIVING telco using a database lookup. If the receiving telco and your service LEC/CLEC are not on speaking terms, then name will not be displayed. (Your originating LEC expects to get compensated or at least reciprocal data for the name lookup. You cannot control the name in the PBX. (You can in Canada)

yep i have a script, hint, if most of your numbers are non did, make table 0 for non did, then just change the did's.. all phones are clid 0 now...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back