Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you get into Outlook Web Acc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
How do you get into Outlook Web Access?
I have heard of it but never knew how to access it

You will need an IIS (usually installed on an Exchange server), and to add OWA to the Exchange setup. You may also want to consider SSL if required over Internet.
It is very effective for travelling users, and fairly straightfoeward for users. Details on TechNet.

The setup is pretty straight forward. First install IIS from the NT Option Pack, reboot, then install Exchange over your current installation, this time checking the Outlook Web Access option. To actually access it, go to (You can, of course, replace 127... with the ip/name of your server). As a side note, OWA assumes you are using port 80. If something else if using that port (like Norton Antivirus for Exchange) then you will have to edit IIS and set another port to use. Using another port is also a good idea, for security. This way people won't stumble into your OWA. Cheers!

Hi

Can you help me with installing owa on a different server than exchange. I have installed iis and owa but cant get it to connect to my exchange server.

Thanks

Claire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back