Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you get an Image to download instead of appear on a page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottNeth

Technical User
Mar 11, 2002
US
Keep in mind my end-users are du-umb (2 syllables - many from the backwoods - I'm not kidding). I have 4 sets of corporate logos I need for them to be able to download in five or so different formats. Here is my stupid question - how do you make a JPG so that it downloads as a file rather than appear on a page? The whole "right mouse click and save" thing is making my toothless squirrel eaters nervous and confused.
Cyberpunk Scott Neth
Web Designer/Cyberpunk

zip the files and link to that

<a href=&quot;image1.zip&quot;>Image 1</a>

etc The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

A follow-up question: how do you do this for a Mac based end-user (can't use zip files)?

regards to the squirrel eaters.... I can sympathise!

Thought about using zips, but...again...squirrel eaters...no unzip software (yes really - I had someone angry at me for not making the site compatible with Navigator v.2 - what's really sad is these people sell data and datacomm) for most of them and they'd only be downloading one file at a time. Scott Neth
Web Designer/Cyberpunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back