Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you get a changer recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGood

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2001
GB
Hi,

Currently trying to get a Sony TSL-S11000 DAT autochanger working on a Novell Netware 5.1 server fitted with an Adaptec 29440U2W SCSI adapter. I have flashed the SCSI card with the latest BIOS release and the BIOS in the Sony is the recommended L100 level. Netware has all of the latest service upgrades but I am still having problems in detecting the changer. Also note that in the SCSI settings I have set the SCSI ID used to have multiple LUN detection and the bus is properly terminated.

I install Arcserve IT 7 for Netware and the tape unit is detected but once I run the tape library option it prompts that the changer is not detected as it is not set up properly in hardware. Has anyone any ideas what I am missing or doing wrong??

Many Thanks

Bill Goodwin

Bill,

As well as configuring the SCSI card for multiple LUN support, you also need to configure the driver.

In the STARTUP.NCF file, add the command LUN_ENABLE=FF to the end of the load line for the Adaptec driver. For example:

LOAD AIC782U2.HAM SLOT=2 LUN_ENABLE=FF

In the AUTOEXEC.NCF file, add the command SCAN ALL LUNS before ARCserve loads.

The driver switch tells the driver to look for devices on all LUNs on the adapter. By default, it is configured to only use LUN 0. The Autoexec command is quite self-explanatory!

I hope this helps.

Pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back