Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you do Firmware update on nec dsx voip phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannecdsx

Vendor
Oct 24, 2023
US
How do you do Firmware update on nec dsx voip phone.I've tried the old and new ip addresses and neither one works.Firmware still says 1.0.6.0 and needs to be at least 1.0.7.2

belevedere thanks for the reply.I alredy tried both of those ip addresses no luck.

I have the firmware you need but I need an email to send it to you. You will have to setup your own FTP server to get it into the phone.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

To clarify a little bit on how to install the firmware update.

Since the public FTP servers are now gone you have to setup your own FTP or TFTP server. To do this I use a couple of different software.

For the FTP server I use Filezilla Server but there are other products you could use.

I don't really like the new management interface but it sill works the same. You create a group and define the native path to firmware files
Create a user who will be part of the group. Give the user a name and password. This will be the username and password you enter into the phone.

You will follow the instructions belevedere posted but use your IP Address from the FTP server you installed. I typically have this running on my laptop. You will need to either disable your firewall on the FTP server or create an exception for the FTP Server software. I leave that up to you.

If you need a TFTP solution then Tftpd64 is what you want. It is a pretty powerful little program.

It not only does TFTP server but also as needed can do DHCP, TFTP client, Syslog Server, and Log Viewer. DHCP and TFTP server are the 2 I use the most with it.

Basically you do the same thing less the username and password which is not necessary for TFTP. Define the path files then execute the download from the phone using TFTP.

Even though it takes a few extra steps to setup I prefer the ftp method. I only use the TFTP process when that is all you can do.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back