Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you disable warnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirilia

Programmer
Mar 10, 2003
US
How would I disable this warning? :

warning C4786: 'std::reverse_bidirectional_iterator<std::list<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<
char> > > >::iterator,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > &,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > *,int>' : identifi
er was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
d:\program files\vc98\include\list(129) : while compiling class-template member function '__thiscall std::list<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,
std::allocator<char> > > >::std::list<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > > >(const std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_
traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > > &)'
d:\program files\vc98\include\list(131) : warning C4786: 'std::reverse_bidirectional_iterator<std::list<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<
char> > > >::const_iterator,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const &,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const
*,int>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
d:\program files\vc98\include\list(129) : while compiling class-template member function '__thiscall std::list<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,
std::allocator<char> > > >::std::list<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > > >(const std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_
traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > > &)'

Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I copied and pasted that code into my program and the warnings do not go away. ??

I don't have a VC6 compiler on this machine. It looks like they have removed that warning in VC++ .NET !

Anyway from memory i think you put it above the #include <string> line

hope that helps
-pete

What I always do is surround the offending lines with disable and enable pragma's. This way you know that further on in the file you will still be able to receive such a warning. After all, they're warnings and should be read at least once, shouldn't they?
Greetings,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back