Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you create a form scoll bar of field names allowing input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave4001

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
US
I'm a new user/novice developer who can use help. I would like to create a simple user input form/ subform, however I have over 130 unique fields per record and tabs don't appear to provide the simplicity. What I'm hoping is to create a scroll bar of the available fields allowing input against any/ all the fields per record. Once completed move on to a new record. I'm sure that this has been done a million times but I can't seem to solve using combo boxes.
Any and all guidance/ suggestions welcome.
Thanks...

Change property Tab Stop to No for needless fields or lock, or disable those fields on form.

Aivars

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I'm too novice to understand how to apply your recommendation to my problem.

My opportunity... I have a table consisting of 130 fields (access won't even auto create a table with that many). I need to create a form (I have created) and a subform. In the form general customer info. which needs to be linked to the subform. In the subform (instead of 130 tabs or groups of tabs) I'm hoping to create a combo box to allow the user to pick a field (one of 130) and have a linked text box beside the combo box to enter the contents for that field. Once completed go to the next or any field in the combo list/ high-lite and then enter new info. into the text box for that field. You use 'customer' in the main form to move to different records. All of this gets captured in the table containing the 130 fields. I know this can be done but I can't seem to navigate through the properties to solve. Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks!

Hi!
Your table contains too many fields for normally work with them. It would be good that you would split your huge table.
Seeing that you're beginner you can use wizard: <Menu bar>;<Tools>;<Analyze>;<Table>. Follow wizard's recommendations... Then continue creating of forms.

Aivars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back