Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW DO YOU CONVERT TEXT TO CURVES ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSNETTA

Technical User
Mar 12, 2003
US
I am trying to convert my text to curves, but I can not fiurge out how to do this? Especially when it keeps telling me the font's outline is missing. I tried to re-download the Mac font 1979 but it is never the complete font suite. How can I use this font if I can't find it or convert it.

Help

Illustrator can only create outlines if it has the full font information. When you zoom into the text, does it look like it's got jagged edges? If so, it's incomplete and can't be converted.

Well how can I find a complete verison of the font 1979

It just may be that there isn't a complete font set for this particular font. Is it freeware? Often these are incomplete.

What's an alternative to freeware fonts and expensive fonts for mac?

I use 2 sites so often they are part of my workflow. You can match just about any clean scan you have using 's whatthefont tool. Its frickin priceless and its free. Then I search for my results at which 8 outa 10 times finds a usable freeware equivilelant. If your on a mac, hunt down a tool called TrueTypeconverter or TTconverter or something like that and you should be able to make most incomplete fonts usable. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Jaquan - I already knew about 'whatthefont', but I didn't know the other one - thanks for that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back