Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you configure Groupwise 5 to failover to another IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We are trying to configure Groupwise 5 to failover to another IP address. We are stumped on how to set it up. We can do it easily in Exchange.

Thanks in advance for your help!

What exactly do you mean?

Do you want fault tolerance on the POA or MTA or GWIA or all?
Do you want multiple POA's to access one postoffice?
Bit more info and an answer should follow.

Lee Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

In Exchange we are able to setup another IP address to roll over to if the primary was not available. We have Groupwise installed on another system and what to setup the same way. I don't know if this explains anymore, since I don't have any Groupwise experience.

Thanks for your help. I hope to have someone else reply to this that can explain it better than I have.

If you have a single postoffice then you will need to setup another poa on a seperate server. This is a really difficult question to answer without knowing the infrastructure. To connect to a postoffice the agent must be able to communicate with the directory structure. If the original poa is not available then a problem is likely to have occured on the server. If the server isn't working then there would be no failover available. Groupwise is cluster aware so failure is covered but again not knowing enough about your site is hard to say what is needed.

Why would the original poa not be available? Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back