Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you check that ISDN trunks are set up correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strupar007

Technical User
Jun 22, 2013
GB
I was asked to check if the ISDN trunks have been set up properly using Communication manager 6. I know I can use "status trunk" command but I would like to know if there was a way to know how healthy the ISDN trunk are as the customer is complaining that only about 50% of the trunk capacity are being used and any additional caller would get an engaged tone if they phoned. The service provider is already investigating but what can be done on my side? Thanks

quick and dirty?

add a verify button to a handset
press it, dial the tac then the timeslot/trunk number, wait for dialtone and then dial a number e.g. (*960 030 00441423123123)
repeat from 30 (or 24) down to 1
That will validate that all timeslots are working ok for outbound calls, which while it doesn't address your exact issue might give you enough ammunition to go back to your provider

you could also do a list measurements ds1 <circuit pack> and see if there are any errors.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back