Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you change the time for Callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2006
US
Hi guys, when the clocks where changed last week the time on the Call Pilot still has the old time on it. Anybody know how to change the time.

Thanks

You can change just like your PC.

There is a patch from Microsoft that can be loaded to reflect the new DST dates. If you are CP 3.0 and higher it will work. Unfortunately they did not feel the need to write the patch for release levels below 3.0.

If you just want to change, regardless of the patch, just make the change on the server by double cliking the time in the bottom right corner, then run the configuration wizard and restart the server. This will work.

If you just change the time on the server, the message stamp could be off by an hour.

John

1st thanks for answering my question. We are using Nortel Networks Callpilot Product Release 1.07, So when I was doing the Conf wizard the time was at indiana time and we are in central time, When I do the wizard I just click on next to everything and click finish and than reboot. We had this system for about 4 years and didn't have this problem before.

But the time change for Daylight Savings changed this year. Microsoft didn't know the time change dates were going to be different in 2007 so they had to write a patch to reset all their servers to adjust to the new dates.

If you are in Indiana, then yes, you should change to Central, because until this year I don't think Indiana changed their time.

It's a pain they didn't just release a patch for every release, I don't think it was a Call Pilot issue, but a Server NT issue. Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money....that's what I think.

John

Indiana has 2 Time Zones East and West

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

there is a nt server application (from the tools or reskit) that allows you to customize your time zones. this works fine on old nt versions of callpilot.

i wish i could remember what it was called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back