Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you change the TARG setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeTours

Technical User
Dec 28, 2004
CA
We have a CS1000E with a newly installed SIP connection to a third party vendor's equipment. I am getting inbound/outbound calls okay and the SIP messaging looks fine. There is one exception. I cannot call outbound from a Nortel set across that SIP trunk. The call actually is not even reaching the trunk. Inbound external calls are okay. Inbound from Nortel set don't reach the SIP trunk. Outbound from vendor to Nortel or External numbers is okay.

Someone suggested it is a TGAR/TARG setting and the easiest thing to do would be to simply change the TARG setting on my route. I have an example route and in that printout the TARG setting is NUL there is nothing against this TARG line.

Sure enough most of my phones have a TGAR of 1 and so does the trunk, I suspect the underlying assumption is correct... if I change the TARG on the trunk everything will be fine.

Using load 16 I can not seem to make the required change in the route data block. I can get to the TARG setting in the change window but it doesn't seem to accept the change:

I have tried entering:
TARG 0
TARG nul

the change isn't kept. What are the loads/command syntax to get:

TCPP NO
TARG
CLEN 1

with nothing against the TARG line as in my example?

thanks in advance.

TARG X

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

0 is TARG (nothing)

if you want to chg it, make it 1,2,3 etc...

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back