Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you change the IP address in Arcserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

CougarCat

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2001
US
We have changed our internal IP scheme and need to modify Arcserve to backup up the servers that have new IP addresses.

The Arcserve book is vague on how to do this.

(Instructions for ArcServeIT 6.61 SP2a on NT 4.0)
To change the IP address on Client Agents:

Step 1) Change the IP Address in the Client Agent (NT or NetWare) on the machine getting backed-up. The Client Agent settings can be found in Start-->Programs-->ArcServe Client Agent-->Client Agent Admin.

Step 2) On the Source tab of the Backup Manager in ArcserveIT on the ArcServeIT server, right click on the Agent type under the 'Client Agent' tree (Windows NT Agents for example) and choose 'Add object'

Step 3) Fill in the new IP address or choose to use Name Resolution and enter the server's name.

You'll probably want to right-click and Delete the old entries to keep it nice and clean. Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Monkeylizard's Instructions worked. We were unable to do step one because we are running Unix AIX 4.3.3. on the Client Agent and could not seem to access the agent on the Unix box.

We performed steps 2 and 3, verified the hosts file on the Netware Server, our DNS entries on NT, deleted the old entries under Client Agent tree and re-added the job.

The error is gone and all looks like it will work.

Thank you for your quick response!

I am having this same issue. I followed the above directions to add a new object. The object I needed to add was a UNIX agent. I was able to ad this object by entering the IP, but when I try to connect to this server from the ARC Serve manager I get:

failed to login to agent.

Do I have to make a change on the agent side as well as the manager?

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back