Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you change/add IP Address for Web Admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medeamedea

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
US
I'm going insane. My CallPilot (connected to Opt11c) has a default ip address which I access by dial up modem. I want to browse to it accross my LAN but I have no clue where to change the IP address. Thanks!

You should have a Clan IP, and a ELAN IP. In CallPilot you must change the IP in configuratiuon manager. This will bring down the CallPilot for around 20 - 30 minutes usually. If you try to change the IP address through windows you will risk corrupting your CallPilot configuration.

I see. Would that be at the console or do I need to connect with a laptop. This is my only Meridian CallPilot (all the others are MerMails and BCM's) and it's 6 hours away so I'd like to have an idea if what to do when I get there. Thanks!

You actually can view the configuration from a IE explorer are you using the modem with PCanywhere to control the desktop or are you using Remote desktop? Either way open up your Networking adapters see what the system has confiured for IPs. Note them then try to open a manger wingow by running ie from the server desktop. If you can get logged in you'll see it listed Configuration Wizard click on it it will start you through the wizard when you get to the language select no language or it will want you to have a CD in the drive before you can continue. Keep going until you get to the screen that shows the IP CallPilot is using. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back