Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you change a name of an LDN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerigsby

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
GB
Hi,
I have an LDN with a name. cannot change the name in LD95. get sch2119

DN 4000
CPND
CPND_LANG ROMAN
NAME HAYLEY GRANT
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
TYPE LDN

How can I access and change this name ?

CS1000M release 7

Hi KC,

No not that simple I am afraid. The LDN does not exist in in the list of DN's with names.
It is not in a DCNO/IDC either

I have no idea, cant figure it out either on my lab switch.

Did you try changing your ATDN under ATT_Data?

I don't think changing the ATDN is a good idea, that's not name programming

Not sure I am following you... I am not recommending him changing his ATDN, just renaming the ATDN in LD 95. I just tested and when I changed the name of my ATDN 0, it also updated the change on my LDN 3800.

Hi Jamie,

Your a star that had me flumoxed. Yes changing the ACDN name (in my case 0) cross referenced to the LDN name.

[2thumbsup]

I can name my DN 0 for the console and I have an LDN of 2121 but I don't see how to print the name for 2121

Hi KC,
If you PRT DNB 2121 - this will show the name against the LDN. And if you change the name of the ATDN 0 in LD 95 the name will change on the LDN if you print it again.
You cannot find the LDN in LD 95 only the associated ATDN number = 0

So you really don't name the LDN, just the Attendant DN and then for some weird reason it gets associated with "0", kinda strange. But you are correct, it works as described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back