Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you chang operating system in ServeRAID Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown001

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2005
US
Omfg, I've spent too much time on this crap... Please help... On my Nefinity 5000, boot from ServeRAID Support CD and installed Fedora C4.. everything was fine... Now I will rather have Windows XP on it. Is is possible to have XP on Nefinity 5000?.. I see all the drivers for it @ IBM's website. Next question is how do I change ServeRAID Manager to have Windows to boot instead. Currently, RAID is set to boot Linux..

Been looking for 2 days for info on this crap.. The retard who wrote the directions @ IBM are dumb.. U pretty much have to know the servers to read what they write.. and what's the point of reading if you alredy know. So far I have not found any information on how to change ServeRAID Manager's boot preferance. I have a feeling it's somthing simple. I'm probably 1 click away from the answer..

Nefinity 5000 8659 81Y
ServeRAID 3L
(5) 18GB Ultra2 SCSI HD stripping raid 0

Your question isnt making sense? Are you saying you have created multiple logical drives with the first one with Linux and a second you want to install windows to? Not sure what you mean when you say 'boot from ServeRAID Support CD and installed Fedora C4'... ServeRAID manager CD is for drive creation and doenst 'know' about os's.

To install windows xp on the 5000 you can blow away the raid that you made and remake it to install winXP and it should boot up in windows after that.

Eric
Whirlpool Corp.

scsiraid:
My main question is: How do I get my 5000 to load winXP? During startup, it will not find any hard disk. I've used serveRAID to creat raid 0.

No, I'm not doing duel boot. Just wiped out Fedora C4, wants winXP only so I can make Windows base game servers on winXP or 2000 server. I only have 1 logical drive now.

xxzab:
Eric, are you saying that the nefinity 5000 will not support raid for winXP?

Oh yes.. I found it.. thanks guys..

Supposely IBM will not support raid for the ServeRAID 3L card under windowsXP or 2000 pro. Except for server operating systems. I found a post by someone who modify the Windows 2000 Server driver to work on XP and 2000
pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back