Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do you capture screen???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deskey

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
I used to know how to do it, but forgot. I was wondering how you would capture the screen, let's say for DOS, installing DHCP, DNS, etc... and include that capture in a powerpoint presentation. I think it use to be ALT+PrintScreen. Has it changed or is it still the same?

So just hit PrtScn and not ALT? I tried it, it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?

Alt+Print Screen = Active Window
Printscreen = Desktop

In either case you then open Paint and hit Ctrl-C to paste the image.

Actually, i have been wanting to inquire about that. I have a m\soft office keyboard and i cant get it to do a screen capture. So maybe this thread will help me out too!

However, i have been using the prog called "printkey" for years and it works fine in 98se and xp pro. There is a free version of it, just do a google search and you will find it.
Its better using the prog in that you can adjust the size, take in only part of the page, etc, etc, etc. The pro version is not free but i believe most people will be happy with the free version of printkey anyway. Its made by a person called Afred bolliger and there is a geocities web page, dont know
if its still good : also coolmen@bluewin.ch
I think the paid version is called Printkey 2000.

I forgot to point out that with printscreen you cant paste it in a windows text doc but you CAN paste it into a window wordpad doc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back