Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you calculate Fuel Surcharges in MAS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDSMAS200

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2007
US
Do any of you apply fuel surcharges in MAS200? If so, how do you go about doing it? With the rising cost of gas, we are having to start charging customers a surcharge for our routes.

One prospect we came up with is by entering an misc line item charge called Fuel Surcharge.

Another was to add the fuel surcharge to the freight total.

However, the CFO doesnt like that charge intermixed with the order line items or added to freight total, he would like to see it seperated, yet added to the total of the invoice. He wants the field to calculate the fuel charge based on the # of line items in the invoice multiplied by whatever we set our rate at.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

We do something similar. We charge a $6.50 delivery fee for each stop.

We add the charge as freight on the ticket (during Shipping Data Entry). Then I created a Crystal report to tally the charges collected for each route at the end of the month. The bookeeper does a Journal Entry to move the freight collected to the proper GL account based on which route the charge was collected.

I don't know if this helps, but I thought I would throw it out there.

------
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back