Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you auto run a query every hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvanace1

MIS
Sep 26, 2005
US
I have an update query that I need to shcedule to automatically run every hour. Is that possible?

Have an hidden startup form with a timer.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Actually. the above references don't help me at all. Perhaps I just don't underdtand what PHV is trying to tell me.

Those links are part of his signature block...

Are you having a hard time finding information about the timer?

Yes. I need to run a query every hour from within access. I cannot use the windows scheduler.

Some one else might have a better way, but here is an really easy and quick way:

Create a macro with two actions:
SetWarnings - set this to no
OpenQuery - set to open your query in datasheet view

Create a form and attach the macro to the 'On Timer' event. Set the 'Timer' property to 3600000

Now you have to leave the form open.

Or another approach is to create an AutoExec Macro that calls the Query desired. Upon openning the database, the query will fire. Next use a Scheduled Task to setup the task to run hourly. htwh,

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

elvance1,
Here is another approach that I find very useful in the fact that it opens another instance of ACCESS when it runs and does not interfere with anything you may be doing when it runs (other than perhaps momentarily grabbinmg the focus and using a portion of the processor time) FAQ701-5099

WinN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back