Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do we setup CLAN? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
US
I have a g3r V11 and its suppose to be ready for CLAN. I don't know where to begin. Can someone please explain the best way to go about setting this up so we can do administrastive task via our network?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

change node-name ip to define the IP address.
change ip-interfaces to define the card slot.
add data-mod next to define an "ethernet" data mod on port 17 of the CLAN.
change ip-services to enable SAT on port 5111.
Setup ASA to connect via the IP and port 5111.

-CL

I need to know everything from connections to software setup. What do I need and how do I do it?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

The card comes with an RJ-45 connector for the back of the carrier. Sanp it on, plug in your ethernet, and type the commands above. There's not anymore more to it.

-CL

What is the name or type of that card?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

One more thing. After setting up my switch this way what do I need on the computer network side? Software? What aplication is used for administrating.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

If you have V11, you should already have a copy of ASA. Just setup a new PBX connection using the IP and Port of the CLAN.

-CL

Thank you so much for your help Lopes1211, you are too cool.
I do have V11 but what is ASA?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

ASA = Avaya Site Administration
It is a software application that you run on your PC that allows you to administer and manage your Definity via the Network (over IP)

So you will setup ASA, then create a Switch profile that has the IP address of the CLAN (Display Node-Name IP) and the port number (Display IP-Services, default:5111)

Thank you,
VOIPEng

I found the card and the software But I don't see the RJ45 connector. Is like a CSU 120a?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

It looks like a regular amphenol cable end, but instead of a cable coming out of the bottom, there's an RJ-45. Maybe it needs to be ordered seperate?

-CL

What about Intuity Audix? Can we do the same to that? How would we intergrated it to the network?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Yes you can do this with your Intuity, if it's not done already. Depending on how your PBX is integrated with your Intuity, it may already be using CLAN integration in which all the signalling between the PBX and the Intuity is done via IP, and if this is the case and you change the IP address of your Intuity in any way you could case a problem with your link and voicemail will not work properly. If this isn't the case you can assign your Intuity an Ip address without any harm and take advantage of the web administration.

Thank you,
VOIPEng

How do we inegrate V-mail to the network? Right now it is stand alone.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Lopes does it have to be port "5111"? I'm having trouble

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

On your Intuity, you need to set it up just like your switch, but use port 23 snapper. That should have your programming done. The Intuity should have an Ethernet adaptor card installed in it to hook up to the network. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned here. I have all the above mentioned network ports in a V-LAN that is behind a firewall. This will help cut down on the possibilities of fraud through the network. Hope this gets this up and going for you.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Yes, we are on V-LAN. Thank You for all your help.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

yes, but now I'm having problems dialing (modem) into intuity with ASA. I can connect but the emulator is slow and kind of funky.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back