Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do u do halftone/ dissolve effect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekgraphics

Technical User
Jun 4, 2007
GB
i know how to it it in photoshop - but i want to be able to do in AI, so that its scalable ! i want to be able to dissolve 2 colours into each other, as they meet they become dots and then back into solid colours - is there a free plug- in for this or a downloadable brush set ?
but i dont want the dots to be at all pixaleted !!

The look i want is like this designer has done with the lemon and lime and in the right hand corner under the man !

Thank you

...i reckon you could achieve something by stating with a black to white gradient object in illustrator, rasterize it to something like 300 - 600dpi in greyscale mode (or even import a greyscale image from photoshop), apply the pixelate > color halftone effect using a desired angle in one channel, increase the pixel size if needed too...

...when you have the halftone effect, rasterize to bitmap mode at the same resolution that is currently used on the grey image, once it is in bitmap you can then colorize it as desired...

...you can then perform a live trace function to create it in vector form...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back