Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do port networks, gateways and DS1 boards work 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

strupar007

Technical User
Jun 22, 2013
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to learn Avaya technology. Let's say I have 5 sites, there is a CM and ESS in the main site and there are LSPs in the other sites. I know the remote sites will need gateways, will the main site need a gateway too? What is the purpose of the gateway?
Also, what is a port network and how does it connect to the DS1 board?

most likely no one is answering you as this is a site for technicians to help technicians, not a training site!

smoking joe gets a star , we like to be as helpful as possible on this site but as techs and BP`s we have invested lots of time money and effort getting trained and these are very simple questions may i suggest you find an avaya buisness partner in your area who can explain the topology of a CM environment to you or go to trainiing .avaya .com

or use google and stop expecting something for nothing look at this link i found for you.... it will be the last until you can prove a level of compentancy

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

no probs joe ... sometimes these points have to be made and i did not mean any offense strupar007 , but i will be dammed if im going to give you my time with a response like that .... have you read the link ... have you tried avaya media servers and gateways in google ??? ..... good luck if you want free pbx training getan asterix , Avaya CM is a large complex solution .... however if yoou dont know what a ds1 board is we are really wasting our time replying good luck in your quest sir

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Heh - finally someone says what I have been wanting to say a lot lately :)

Stars to both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back