Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i work out maximum trunk group usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazza99

Technical User
May 29, 2003
GB
Using Seagate 7.5, i need to work out the maximum % of trunks that were in use in a particular day for a specific trunk group. We use Aspect Rel 8. Our trunk groups are set up for cyclic routing not linear. Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful

Hi

To calculate % Trunk usage is a complete nightmare on cyclic trunks as you cant just see what trunk a card reached for maximum concurrent calls.

This isn't the ideal solution but gives a good enough indication for most needs. Here is the way I calculate this...

You need the following info :

P = Period of Time in seconds (I do half hour so it is 1800)

T = Total Trunk Activity (Incomming, Outgoing calls
in 13.31 given Period) (i.e. 170 Incomming and
Outgoing calls in Trunk Group)

C = Average Call Duration in Seconds (Time spent on
a call)(i.e. 2:21 is 141)

G = Number of Trunks in your Trunkgroup (i.e. 120).

Once you have this info in a half hour report you then need to do the following formulae:

T / (P / C )= A (Average Concurrent Call in period)

So for the above it would be :

170 / (1800 /141)= 13.31666667

So at this time there were was an estimated 13.2calls at any one time.

Next we can take this and divide it by the number of trunks in the trunk group to work out a percentage...

(A / G)*100 = Trunk Group Usage

so it would be for our example

(13.32 / 120)* 100 = 11.1 %

For calculating Maximum trunk Group usage in a period just do the same as above but do Maximum Call Duration in seconds instead of Average(C in formulae)

Hello Drisk,

Can u teach me more about how to calculate "C = Average Call Duration in Seconds"???? What type of xacts should be included??? For example, call_type = ???, trans_type = ??? and disposition = ????.

Many Thanks

Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back