Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I word wrap form results (guestbook)

Status
Not open for further replies.

babcockc

Technical User
Feb 22, 2002
US
I have created a guest book using forms. The users enter their name, address, etc. I have included a "comments" box for them the add what they wish. After they fill out the form and click submit, the information is placed on another page for me to view.

While the comments box itself wraps the text, when I view the guestbook results, the "comments" text doesn't wrap, it just keeps going in a straight line and I have to scroll right to read it.

I want to be able to have the results of this "comments" box wrap so that it is readable without having to scroll.

Any suggestions?

If you open the form page in FP and go into the Form Properties dialog box, click the Options button and then click the tab for File Results, what File Format is selected?

An old trick for the comments box not wrapping the text in NN browsers was to add wrap="virtual" to the textarea tag in the HTML, so it would look like:
<textarea rows="12" name="Contact" cols="8" wrap="virtual">

You might want to try that and see if that works.

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back