Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I Validate Request Page Parameters on Submit? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

age1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2006
GB
I have created a request page with various parameter fields (Browser Scripting Controls) which will update Maximo. Each Parameter field has a drop down list which can be populated from either typing a value or from a pick list.

I can check whether a parameter field has a value entered on submit, but how do I validate a free text input with values on the database when the submit button is pressed?

One way or another, you're going to have to access the DB based on the free test field.

Your report that receives the param from the form could have a Seql Section where the first report does nothing but fires a SQL using the text field as a key. If something comes back, proceed to report 2, else have a report 3 that replies invalid input to the user.

See SelectContent() method in Seq section to control whether to allow report 2 or 3 to execiye after 1 has checked the text field against DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back