Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I use mime type 'application/x-shockwave-flash' on a webserver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usalabs3

Technical User
Sep 7, 2004
US
I'm using KFWS web server (which allows multiple sites on different ports), but the problem I have, is,

In the mime settings I enter 'application/x-shockwave-flash' as the mime type and 'swf' as the extension, but shockwave flash .swf files are not displayed when the page that contains such a file (on my web server) is opened in internet explorer, only the placeholder. I have the latest version of shockwave flash, java, and the flash player (version 7.0), but still, nothing but a white box, when the place holder is right clicked on, the drop down menu shows 'movie not loaded' greyed out.

How can I get swf files on my website to open when the page that contains the file(s) is opened?

All other flash objects that are outside my web server, can be viewed correctly such as and many other sites, but the flash object on my website can not be viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back