Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I use commercial word processors in Clipper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcorser

Programmer
Jun 28, 1998
US
I understand that clipper applications can use commercial word processors to modify memo fields and even files. How do I implement this in the code?

If you have blinker, you can use the SwapRunCommand function to shell out and run a comercial word processor. You can even launch a copy of Word if you are working under Win95 or Win98. I wouldn't know about Win 3.1.<br>
<br>
I had a problem with the path launching word on multiple machines from a network app. The problem is that the DOS path is not always the same for Word even when the default installation is used. This has to do with the long filenames. So I wrote a short VB program which I call and it launches Word.<br>
<br>
It works pretty well but I have to run an install on every workstation. That is a pain.<br>
<br>
If you are interested in the source for the VB program, I will be glad to send it to you.<br>
<br>
David Coulter<br>
CoulterDavid@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back