Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I upload an Oracle Database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash81

Programmer
Mar 12, 2001
KE
Hi Friends,
I am a beginner in web programming.I wanted to know how i could upload an Oracle Database to the website so as to enable my ASP scripts to access it.
Help will be appreciatd.

Thanks for the response.How then do people use oracle for the net? Is there no way by which a database can be created at the server side?

Most ISP's will allow the default usage of MS Access, but will not allow you to upload your own Oracle databases (I'm not sure that's even possible). Most of them offer the possibility though to use Oracle (or SQL Server) databases though, but these databases will run on their servers, and for obvious reasons they won't allow you to access the control panel for the Oracle database. In a lot of cases it is possible though to create tables (not databases) with some simple SQL statements. Usually you are assigned one DSN, and within that DSN you can create your tables. If you want full control over your Oracle DB, run your own server or pay a LOT of money :). Good luck, hope this helps...

<webguru>iqof188</webguru>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back