Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I upload a microsoft word document......HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Here is the problem. I am so frustrated with this, it is beyond belief. I am hoping you can help.

I have a microsoft word document. It has five pictures in it.

I want to upload it to this free website server that I am using.

First off, I don't know how to make the word document the index page of my website, because to make it my index page, I have to give it a .html, or .htm ending, and that screws up the word format.

SOoooo.... I tried to convert the word document to a web page....to html. I did this, and uploaded it. But it refuses to show any pictures. When I convert it, it seems to store the picture files in a seperate folder.

What do I have to do to get this word document up on this website?

Please help.

You ALMOST did it all right.

You missed one step. When you save a Word file (say MyFile.doc) to a web page, it creates: MyFile.htm.

If the document contains images it also creates a folder on your hard drive called, for this example: MyFile_files

In this folder, you will find all the extracted images.

When you manually upload MyFile.htm to your website, you also need to CREATE a MyFile_files folder, then upload the contents of your local MyFile_files folder to it (if using FTP upload in binary).

That should do it.

Thomas Rogers
TJRTech, Inc.

I see. But, how do you create a folder in the server?

I see only options to create directories.

Is this the same thing?

Thanks.

I see. But, how do you create a folder in the server?

I see only options to create directories.

Is this the same thing?

Thanks.

Yes they are the same thing. The two words are interchangable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back