Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I upgrade from EPO 2.51 to 3.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ03

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
US
Current System:
EPO 2.51 Server with SQL7 Database on same server.

Want to Upgrade to:
EPO 3.01 Server with SQL 2000 Datase on another server

Has anyone done this successfully?
Our current EPO 2.51 server is not functioning correctly and we would like to upgrade to EPO 3.01
I would like to build a brand new server with 3.01
I know I can backup the existing database and put it on the new database server but is there a way to "save" the directory site structure with all the IP ranges and scheduled tasks saved.
Also will the agents upgrade themselves if I use the same IP address as the EPO Server?

HELP :)

DJ

I f you do, be ready with the support telephone number for NAI.. you'll need it!

Hmmm. tricky one indeed. A few pointers:

When you reinstall your ePO server, as long as you keep the system name and IP adress the same, agents should reconnect to the server just fine. However im not sure how 2.5 agents would react on a 3.01 server in this case.

The database is NOT the same, so I'm not sure how you could solve that problem.

Maybe a wildcard, but what about 1st upgrading to 3.01 with local database, then rebuild to 3.01 with seperate DB?

Perhaps NAI can provide a better solution tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back