Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i UPDATE....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarat260980

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
GB
Hello All

I have got a spreadsheet which is interlinked with other 3 spreadsheets. my problem is as follow

Everytime i open the main spreadsheet its as "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update the workbook with changes made to other workbook? then gives me YES and NO Option. Now when i click yes i have to individually pin-point the workbooks.

What i want to know is, is there any way whereby main spreadsheet will find other workbook by itself?

Appreciate you help

Thanks

Aarat

Aarat H Patel

aarat260980,
sounds like the linked files were moved or did the file names change? do you save the workbook that you open after using?

regards,
longhair

As long as the path to the other workbooks stays constant, you should be able to go to EDIT\LINKS in the workbook and set the path there.
All the best
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back